Wednesday, August 22, 2012

"Isabel"

The family was in Calgary for a week, which allowed me to do a little CrossFit tourism and sneak in a WOD at one of the local gyms. 

I went to CrossFit Athlete Inside, and did the benchmark girl "Isabel."

30 snatches for time (135lbs)

What I really liked about this was the fact that Coach Kevin led the group through a really extensive warm-up, focusing on the pull from the ground, working up to weights heavier than we'd be using in the WOD. 

Kevin and one of CrossFit AI's firebreather athletes Tim did their best to help me refine my spazzy snatch technique and footwork, but there's only so much you can do in an hour. 

Still I managed to knock 91 seconds off my previous time, even with a shoulder that's been giving me some issues. 

6:45, rx'd. 

No comments: