Friday, September 7, 2012

Like the salad dressing, hate the WOD

Looks delicious, huh? Well, the WOD that shares a name with this dressing sent me into a weekend-long shame spiral.
“Thousand Islands”

10 Burpees
1000m Row
10 Burpees
1000m Run
10 Burpees
1000 Skips
10 Burpees

33:47.  All I know is that it took FUCKING FOREVER once I got to the 1000 skips.  I couldn't do more than 50 straight without my feet protesting that I was hurting them, so there were a lot of breaks. 

I belatedly realized,after already doing more than 600 skips, that I could skip faster than I had been and it didn't seem to affect my cardio or discomfort (could still get 40-50 consecutive skips in a set before my feet started to call Amnesty International) so I guess that's something to keep in mind for next time. 



No comments: