Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Kodiak"

It was actually Tracey's day to go, but the alarm went off at 5:45 and she didn't think she could make it to the gym on time. I missed yesterday morning, so I said I would go in her place.

"Kodiak"

Seven rounds of:

3 power snatch (touch and go)
6 overhead squat
9 back squat


Do this all in a sequence, with no breaks in between. This isn't for time, but you increase your weight each round.

My numbers:
75-85-95-105-110-115-120

I'm fine with this and it's heavier than I thought I would end up doing, likely due to trying to keep up with Christian.

My snatches were looking pretty sketchy by the end, but I got that shit overhead and that's what counts.

Keeping it overhead was another thing. Overhead squats are always challenging, but they felt pretty good today, and my shoulder isn't bothering me like it did the last time we did these.

On the transitions to the back squat, I was trying my damndest to not bash the hell out of my neck, but I was pretty eager to let the weight down.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Nice numbers Tyler. I started at 65 and finished with failing at 125 during the 5th OHS. It's my wrists that hurt on this one.

I slid the bar down the base of my skull. I think it hurt less that slamming it down.

aaroncfr said...

My mind was "Get it overhead, get it overhead, get it overhead! OK, now hang on to it and just get to the back squats, just get to the back squats!" I was quite glad to be done after this one even as fun as it was.